Monday, August 3, 2009

Chain Saw fun?!?

August 3

Aloha! Not to much to report on this week. Funny story... Sister Larsen and I were driving out to our bishop's house around 8:00 pm for a meeting with him, and we couldn't find his house at all! We actually drove past his house a few times before we found the tiny turn off road up this scary jungle path. So of course we were pretty excited to drive up it, (till we saw all of these abandoned shacks, and old farm tools). We saw a light in the distance and kept going towards it. Luckily we found this house at the end, and decided that it must be the bishops.

So Sister Larsen prayed before we got out of the car, and all I could think of was a scary axe murderer. I know, not the best thing to think about while praying.... and I told her this... cuz I thought it was funny. So we get out and this guy with a chainsaw comes out of no-where and starts walking towards us. I had just reached back in the car to get my bag, and Sister Larsen yells out "Aloha! How are you?" Of course he doesn't respond... and he's got a chainsaw, and it's dark, and we're two sister missionaries out in the middle of the jungle. Good times.

So I'm not sure why, but this didn't really phase me, and I kept walking, but Sister Larsen jumped back in the car and I swear she was going to drive away with out me. When he got closer he said something like "oh... it's the sisters..." Yeah, I think he was the bishops son... over for a visit. No idea. But then the bishop appeared and told us we'd have to re-schedule, cuz he had family over. I realized then that for some reason I am terrified when some random guy tells me he's going to call the cops on us, but a guy with a chainsaw in the middle of the jungle doesn't phase me... go figure.

Well that's actually a lot of writing. Oops.
um... things are going really really well. The visitor center is having a lot of success, and I love teaching about temples! It's probably my favorite part of the VC. Our area seems to be getting bigger every day... It's a great ward though. They are sooo gung-ho about missionary work! I love it.

I think the greatest lesson I learned this week was patience. Yeah... obviously I needed that. The Lord really works in his own time, and although we can't see the end, he can. It comes down to trusting in him, and knowing that He loves us enough to make it all work out. So we just keep chugging along, doing what we're supposed to be doing. Eventually all the hard work we've been doing will pay off, and we'll see the fruits of our labors :D Go read Alma 26, that's my favorite this week.

We're going to go fly kites today at the Valley of the Temples. I'm pretty psyched. But then I think I'll need a nap. Can you believe I've been out 3 months already? WOW!!!
Well till next week, mahalo!
Bridge Shimai



No comments: