Aloha!
Well I'm still in the same spot (:D) Hau'ula 2nd ward! But I have a new companion! Sister Saito from Japan! I'm super excited. And we have p-days on Monday again! Yay for better p-day activities!
We spent a half a day moving apartments this week because they are completely re-modeling our old one. Good thing all the apartments are just next to each other... but we had to move all the furniture, beds, kitchen/bathroom stuff and food to our new place. (Which is amazing!!! and sooo clean...)
So wasn't conference amazing!?!?! You all better say yes! We all got to watch it in one of the Visitors Center Theaters. Granted, we did have to wake up super early and get over there, but it was worth it. We got to watch all four sessions because we were on shift at the VC both mornings. We all just watched, and invited guests to come watch if they wanted. It was cool to see people come watch for a while.
Of course it was awesome to see Elder Holland practically yelling into the mic. about the Book of Mormon, and Pres. Monson always makes me want to be a better person. But the one talk that kept coming back to me all weekend was the "being temperate in all things" talk by Elder Kent D. Watson. Mostly I thought about it while I was driving and the people were going ten MPH under the speed limit... And the quote by Joseph Smith "And no one can assist in this work except he shall be humble and full of love, having faith, hope, and charity, being temperate in all things, whatsoever shall be entrusted to his care." Yeah... super humbling. I love it! Go read it.
http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-1117-13,00.html
I learned a lot about prayer this week, especially following the promptings of the spirit because you never know who's prayer you might be answering. I think an awesome example of that is Pres. Monson. We hear all these stories about how he always follows the promptings of the spirit, even when he doesn't really know why. But I'm sure the Lord knows he can trust him to do things because he's always faithful! If we would be diligent in following the spiritual promptings maybe we'd get more! Just a thought :D
Oh, funny story... The word "bridge" in Tongan is "Hale Faka kavakava". So to the new Tongan Sisters I'm Sister Halefakakavakava.
Wow! Super long again... Sorry. Well thanks for everything! Love you all!
Aloha!
Sis. Bridge
No comments:
Post a Comment