Monday, November 2, 2009

Cockroaches, maggots, and Halloween Oh My!

Aloha! Happy Halloween! Highlight of the week? Zone conference and killing cockroaches and maggots in my house. Good times.

Halloween was super fun. We got to dress up after everything was done and play around for a bit. My costume was pretty easy. It was so nice to wear jeans (yes even in hawai'i).

We had a great zone conference about obedience, pride, and the Book of Mormon. I love using the Book of Mormon in lessons because it says things soo much better than I can! The spirit is also soo much stronger when you use the words of the prophets to testify about a principle.

Apparently it's going to start turning "cold" here soon. I can't really see it... but I guess it's going to get down to 65 degrees at night, so I'll have to wear a jacket :D I love the cold! Don't get me wrong... sunny Hawaiian days are fun, but it's soo hott! I always feel sweaty and gross.

We did a service project down at a ranch in Kahuku, called Gunstock Ranch. It was nice to hear the sound of four-wheelers again, and to do some good, dirty manual labor. Missionary work is always tiring, but sometimes I'd just rather dig holes and cut firewood. But I had a blast, and I'm glad we have two ranches in our zone that we get to go to.

So as far as the cockroach and the maggots go... that's a scary story for another day! But I did learn that cockroaches don't die very easily, and they are massive in Hawai'i.

I hope you all had a good Halloween. I remember what I was doing last year this time, and it doesn't seem like a year at all! I was at Jason and Ammons, and I remember Madison's hair, and trying to find Millennium on DVD. Haha fun stuff. And it's been six months since I left! Soo scary!

Love you all, I'm going bowling!!! (yes that brings the best memories!!)
Love ya!
Sister Bridge

No comments: