Monday, November 22, 2010

Temple Dedicated!


Alooha!!!!
I'm so glad that I finally get to report that the temple is OPEN!!! It's hard to believe it, but yesterday was the dedication and today people have been going in! My entire mission I’ve been waiting for it, and now, with a week left... It's done. Last week was so great. We had our mission tour with Elder Piper of the Quorum of the Seventy, and we drove down to Kaneohe to meet with the other zones. He taught us so many great things about receiving personal revelation, and companionship unity. One thing that stuck out so much was how we can really make or break our church meetings by how we prepare ourselves to go. We, as missionaries, showed up and started talking to our friends we hadn't seen in a while, and weren't being as reverent as we should have. He kind of chastised us, and we deserved it, but it's so true. If you show up early and prepare yourself to be taught by the spirit, you learn so much more.

Another exciting thing about this week... the Prophet was here to dedicate the temple! He came Friday I think, and left last night after the dedication. There was definitely a different spirit throughout the islands. The temple dedication was so great, and it has been such a blessing and a privilege to serve near the temple on my mission. I realized it when I was full proselyting, but we are so lucky to be visitor center sisters, because the spirit is so strong here! We don't have to work as hard to bring the spirit because we are already on sacred grounds. Granted, we still have to teach by the spirit and help them recognize it, but with the temple so close it's hard to NOT feel the spirit.   The temple is open today, and I get to go do a session next Wednesday before I go home. I am so excited!!!! 

This week we've got a lot of potential investigators we are going to try and find, and hopefully this will help whichever missionary will be taking my spot. It's hard to believe that I'll have to leave Laie, this place has become my home. I love the special feeling that is here in this community.

I have had such a wonderful mission, I am so thankful that I was called to serve in Hawaii, and that I was able to meet and associate with such amazing people from all over the world. I know that this is the Lords Church, and that we are doing His work. I know that the Gospel was restored through Joseph Smith, and that we have a living Prophet today! I know that God lives, and that the Atonement is real. I know that if we rely on the Lord, and are Obedient, He can help us through anything. I love this work!!! I love the temple, and I know that by going we can receive the revelation we need to truly happy!

Ofa lahi atu, and Aloha 'oe!
Sister Bridge

PS the picture is me and Sister Alexeenko in our new Pule Tasi's (or pule taha in Tongan)

No comments: