Remember in elementary school when you went on a field trip to the library? If you were anything like me (or not so nerdy... whatever) then I'm sure you were super psyched. Well I thought that those times had passed, but with my recent excursion to the city library I have realized that not only are libraries freakin awesome, it's the best place for people like me who just like to sit and watch!!
Now granted... the only reason i'm here is because I have no internet at my apartment, and I desperately needed to check the shipping status of my new climbing shoes. Not only that, but I realized that i'm an internet addict, and detoxing looks painful. So I decide that i'm going to be a novel citizen, and take the local mass transit. I know, Gore would be proud... doing my part. Well I step off the train, and first things first, i'm approached by a man who asks me for money. I swear, they all sit together and take turns approaching the next person, cuz he went back to a small group of men, and they all glared at me after I told him I was a poor, starving college student who didn't have any change.
Now my local library is the taj mahal of libraries. It has won award after award on some library scale. And, as a... "bonus", I had my junior prom here way back in the day. It is a very nice place, and we are extremely lucky to have it.
I think in the past half hour, i've been asked for money three times, seen 4 young men who decided it was their life's goal to backpack around the country, and yep, someone getting arrested. Not to mention the countless homeless people that stay here from when the doors click open, to when they are forced out at the end of the night. I hope they check the bathrooms, cuz that's totally where I would hide, and then play in here all night... hmmm..... I have a new goal to add to the list. I wonder if it's anything like a museum, and the weird things they have will come to life... well there is a giant floating head, and some weird polar bear like things in the children sections, and the weird mormon dolls in the gift shop. Actually, that doesn't sound like a good mix. I think I'll leave.
No comments:
Post a Comment