
It's very difficult trying to be a college students and saving money. we always say things like "sorry I can't afford it. I'm a starving college student." But I have realized that we're not really starving, and the only reason we're poor is because we spend so much money on food!!! Eating in groups is such a social activity. Say there's a group of us who have an hour and a half before marching band. We can all sit around and do homework, or we can actually take a fun field trip down the street to Gandalpho's and get an amazing sandwich! Who cares if it costs $6.50, I have a job, right? Well day after day, it's subway, seven-eleven, Einstein bagels, Gandy's, more subway (thank goodness for the "sub of the day"). It really adds up!! you can come out spending $20 a week! I've tried making my lunch, but when my friends come in and say "Charmander! come get food!" I usually put my peanut sandwich down and join them. Peer pressure!! Today I even brought one of those cup-a-soup's. I had it once i got to school at 1045, cuz i didn't have breakfast, and I wanted it. Well come 11:00, I was ready to go to 7-11 and get a snickers and a gatorade!!! Then someone threw my gatorade away during marching band, I was pissed. On top of that, my snickers melted in the field house. $3 wasted!!! Haha to prove my point... One of my marching band friends (milagra) just stated "Of Course I eat Lunch!!! We go to Subway with Dokos every five minutes!!" haha perfect timing.
No comments:
Post a Comment