12 June 2009
Aloha from the MTC! Yes, still here! (Thank you swine flu!) If all goes according to plan I shall be leaving BYU on Monday morning at 0800! Seriously, I can’t wait! I love the MTC, but I just want to get to Hawaii. Six weeks is way to long for an English speaking missionary.
I’ve really learned a lot this week, and I am really happy that I got to stay the extra two weeks. Granted, I was not a happy Sister Bridge when I found out that I was being delayed, but I have absolutely loved the past two weeks. We had the Most AMAZING Tuesday devotional ever. No joke, I’m pretty sure my whole outlook on life is changed. Elder Bednar came and spoke to us about following the promptings of the Holy Ghost, and how if we’re living the way we should be, if we’re being “good boys and girls” and keeping our covenants, than it doesn’t really matter if we can’t tell if it’s the spirit that’s telling us what to do, or if it’s our own thoughts. Because either way as long as we’re striving to be Christ-like in everything we do, we’ll start to think the way we should be, and everything will be what the Holy Ghost would tell us to do. Does that make sense? Kind of long sentences... but oh well. That’s seriously a question everyone here has. “How do I know if it’s the promptings of the Spirit, or my own thoughts?” But don’t worry about it! Just do the work you’re supposed to do, don’t be lazy, and the Lord will guide you! We all kind of knew that to a point, but just hearing him say it solidified it in our minds. Yeah, life changing. He can explain it sooo much better than I can... Don’t worry, I took lots of notes.
My Armenian is coming along well. And my Latvian, and my Japanese. I learned some Pidgeon/Eubonics last week. That was cool. Ok, so really I only know like 3 words in each language, but I still feel cool when I can say “Mail time!!” in Latvian! and “Hello, my name is Sister Bridge” in Japanese. I’m actually trying to learn some Japanese, seeing as half my mission is Japanese. I guess that’s just something that will come with time. I don’t think I’ll need Armenian on my mission, but If I ever meet someone, I might be able to say 2 words to them.
I fell off my chair in class the other day, that was funny. I blame my teacher. She made me scoot over, and the chair just didn’t move over with me, so I slid off. Kind of funny.
I’ve been asked to work in the referral center as a chat missionary till I leave. That’s been kind of cool. Any time someone goes to mormon.org and asks to chat with missionaries, the chat goes to us. So I’ve been able to keep my typing skills up :D Yeah I like that. I’ve had a lot of amazing teaching opportunities doing that. Not that I don’t love calling people... but chat is better.
Oh yeah, if you want to write me one more time on dearelder.com, write it today (Friday) and I’ll get it. Saturday we only get mail till 1400, and no mail Sunday, and I leave Monday morning! So Madre can you post my Hawaii address please? Love you :D
Pretty sure that’s most of it, I guess a lot has happened this week, but I don’t remember any of it right now. I’ll write individual letters sometime today as well. Oh yeah, anyone from work? Tell katelyn that Sis. Pinnock is my companion. She should know.
So...advise.... Go to the temple. Read the scriptures. Follow the commandments and be good boys and girls. The church is true, Heavenly Father Loves you all!! Even more than I do, which is a lot... So until... sometime next week... I’m not sure when I’ll have p-day in Hawaii... Peace out! Shaka Bra! (That’s pidgeon, I had a companion last week from Oahu.)
-Sister Bridge
No comments:
Post a Comment