

June 17, 2009
We were able to talk to Charlene on Monday. She was at the SL Airport for her flight to Honolulu Hawaii at 11:30 am. She sounded excited to be going on this "adventure" (my description, not hers). It was SOOOOO great to hear her voice and talk to her. Sometimes I would catch her online when she was emailing us so I could correspond for a few minutes that way, but this was way better. I miss her but keep saying to myself, "She is on an extended vacation." That is how I am coping with missing her. "She is on a great adventure."
We received the following letter and pictures from Charlene's Mission President Tuesday night.
+++
Aloha Bridge Family,
Sister Bridge has arrived safely in the Hawaii Honolulu Mission, has done some street contacting in Honolulu, been assigned to her first area and companion and is off and running. She looks fabulous and we are excited to have her in our mission. We will take good care of her over the next 18 months--she will truly become one of our daughters.
Attached are a couple of pictures taken shortly after she arrived.
Mahalo nui loa and much aloha,
President & Sister Peterson
+++
As soon as we get an address different from the one posted, I will post it for you. She said to tell EVERYONE, especially her climbing buddies, "Please write." She misses everyone and would LOVE to hear from you.
Connie
Char's mom
No comments:
Post a Comment