Wednesday, July 15, 2009

July 13

This week has been great. Really long, but great! My comp goes home on Wednesday, and that means transfers! Yes, I’ve been transferred already, and I’m pretty pumped. I'm going to Hau'ula, which is the city just south east of Laie. I'll still live in the same apartments, and have the same address. Now I’m in a driving district, so I get a car! My new companion is Sister Larsen, and she's from Logan. I'll move into my new apartment and wards on Wednesday. I'm going to miss my ward, but I’m really excited.

So one day I was on exchanges with Sister Sakaguchi and the funniest things happened. We went to BYU to talk to some of our students, and one of the sisters had FACEBOOK wide open and was trying to show me all of these things. I have been trying soo hard to try and not think about face book this whole time, and she wanted to look me up on it, and see pictures. Blah. So then we went to see some members in the area, and right as we get there I hear the Star Wars opening credits coming from inside the house. They were just sitting down as a family to watch episode 1. I couldn't believe it. My favorite movie ever, and the little boys ran out and started acting it out. I laughed so hard. Then twenty minutes later we walked to a woman’s house that had on the same perfume that my mother wears. I wanted to cry. Her whole house smelled like my mother. Fun stuff

Last night I had the first dinner that I actually had to choke down. The food wasn't bad, but there was a lot of it. The sister was from somewhere by Tonga, and she just figured I liked raw fish. So we had marlin soaked in lemon juice, with tomato (I hate tomato) and then this New Zealand delicacy with New Zealand sausage and weeds (she called it a weed, I didn't). I managed to eat it all. The sausage was interesting... and then she made us sandwiches with Vienna sausage, tomato, and something else that I couldn't identify. Never had Vienna sausages on a sandwich. So cool.

Well I’m pretty psyched for my new area and companion, there will be 4 haule's living in one pad, and that's going to be messed up. I've been living with international sisters for the last transfer, and I’ve loved it!

So keep writing, I love getting letters :D and mahalo to those who have. Hawaii is great, and the weather is very very nice. I have been very blessed.

Love you all!
Mahalo!
Sis Bridge

No comments: