Talofa! I hit my 2 month mark today, that's kind of cool. Didn't realize it till I was writing the date on a letter this morning. Time flies when your on the Lords Errand I guess.
Speaking of being on the Lords Errand... There's a movie out about President Monson with that same name... and you all should watch it. My companion and I watched it yesterday in between sacrament meetings, and we were both crying.... a lot. It was very good.
I hope ya'll had a good 4th of July. We closed the VC down early and all headed over to Elder Eubanks for dinner. They made sloppy joes, and most of the sisters had never eaten them before. Good times. We played some games later, and had a blast. The people here love fireworks, and it was smokey all night. Apparently new years is even worse!
Anyways, the work is going really good. It's kinda hard in an area of so many members, but our job here mostly is to strengthen the faith of the members, and to help families. Then after doing that we go to the Visitor center for our shift, and teach those that come in. On top of that, they’re about to open up the online chat to us, and so we'll be able to have on-line investigators. It's going to be a lot of work. But I love it :D
I went to the Polynesian culture center dinner and night show on Tuesday. It was pretty much amazing. They take all the new sisters there. I've decided that I'm going to marry a Tahitian dancer. Or maybe not, but it was cool. The fire dancing is the best for sure, and one day I will master it.... or burn my hair off in the process.
Quote of the day "The virtues that combined to make this perfect character (meaning Christ) are truth, justice, wisdom, benevolence, and self control." Think about that for a minute.
I love working at the Visitor Center because it's great to see people who just drive by and have the "strange desire" to come inside the visitor center. We'll teach them a lesson or two, and they will just openly admit that they know that God led them there to learn this message! It's amazing to see people realize this! The visitor center is such a great place to teach people the gospel, because we have all these amazing tools and visuals to use. If you live close to one (like Salt Lake... cough cough) I would highly suggest going and seeing the great missionary tools! Gods plan for his family is amazing, and the prophets room! Take your friends there, bear testimony of eternal families! It's the greatest message ever! Till next week, I leave you with my testimony that I know God lives! I have seen his work and his amazing love! I know that President Monson is a prophet of God, and by following his council and that of his Apostles we can come to know with a surety that Jesus is the Christ! Love you all so much! Mahalo Nui Loa!!
-Sister Bridge
No comments:
Post a Comment