Monday, August 17, 2009

Beware of Dogs!?!

Aloha!
Well I missed last week, oops. There’s nothing much to report on. Well that’s a lie, but you’ll get over it I’m sure. We’ve been working a lot to find some new investigators, and our efforts have hopefully paid off. I can’t believe I only have one more week till transfers! Freaky!

Funny story: Hermana Larsen and I were working down in part of our area called Kahana Valley. This place is kinda unique, it’s a state park where people live… go figure. Most of the people down there are either in-active or non-members. Granted there are only about 15 houses… but anyways everyone down there has a dog. We’ve been pretty good about finding the dogs by whistling or looking for “beware of dog” signs (the best signs say something like “if the dog bites, it’s your fault”), but this one house didn’t have a sign, and nothing moved when we whistled. Long story short, I found out why God made me a sprinter. Good times.

We have this great new investigator. His name is Eddie. We found him a few weeks ago outside of a shrimp shack by his house on the beach. He’s this old Hawaiian guy who just got divorced, and he wants to quit drinking and get on with his life. He asked us to come over and bless his house… We’ve met with him twice and we’re going back tomorrow. He’s super fun.

The visitor center is still good. Tourist season is closing (and hurricane season is coming) and so not many people come in. Once Christmas season comes it will get busier, and once the waves get bigger… I’m excited for that.

I got a pretty bad sunburn today. We went and played frisbee down in Ka'a'awa with the elders. I actually got to "taste" the ocean. There was a brick wall just above the water, and I sat on it... go figure I got splashed and I was able to taste the water. That's the closest I'll ever get.

We have met some great people this week. We spent all Saturday knocking on doors. Still haven't had one slammed in my face yet... Most people here are pretty relaxed and chill. We made a few return appointments and this week is going to be amazing.

We have transfer news on Sunday, and I can't believe it's been six weeks! I'm kinda nervous. Sister Larsen was here the transfer before me, and then again with me. President Peterson never leaves people in an area this long, so she'll probably get transferred somewhere else. That would mean that I'll have to stay and be in charge of the area. Still don't know what I'm doing... but we'll see. Who knows, I might get transferred out of Laie completely, but I doubt it.

Well I think that’s all for now. No worries, the hurricane didn’t really come. Oh, and Elder Kikuchi came and spoke at our mission tour. That was fun. We learned a lot. I’ll send a picture or something. He seems to think that Sister missionaries need to have ten kids. Yeah…. No.

Mahalo Nui Loa!
Sister Bridge



No comments: