Hey all!
So we had a wonderful transfer meeting last night, and guess who's staying right where she is! Yay! I am getting a new companion though, and I'm super psyched. Her name is Sister Fan, and she's from Hong Kong! We have p-days on Fridays, so I'll be writing on Fridays from now on. I know, confusing.
Sad day, we had to turn one of our investigators over to the Elders so now we're still looking for more, but it's going really well! There are soo many people in this area, and I'm super excited.
It's hurricane season, and it's raining a lot. Not like normal Hawaiian misty type rain, but RAIN! It's soo fun. And the best part... my hair is ruined no matter what so I just stopped caring. I love it.
And my work friends, thanks so much for the tape! I'm working on sending it back right now. Give me some time! It was great to hear your voices! It kinda made me miss work.. almost.
So this week has been terrible for people I know coming in the visitor center! It was cool when it was one or two, but by yesterday there had been about 8 people that came in that I knew. Talk about freaky!
Funny story: the sisters that I have p-day with wanted to go up to Kahuku (the town just north) to get a shirt from the high school. It's a popular place. Well the book store is next to the army JROTC building, so I was more interested in that. Everything was outside so my companion looked at souvenirs while I looked at the Drill team pictures. It made me happy. There was an older gentleman with a nice haircut just inside the building so I started talking to him. He was the CO and I got a Kahuku JROTC shirt from him. It was great. I can't wait to wear it. It's not as cool as our det's shirts... but now I have both to wear here.
Anything else... How is marching band going? Lots of people this year? Someone e-mail me and tell me about it.
I think that's all for now, since I get to write on Friday. I'll let ya know how that goes!
Love you all soo much! Thanks for your letters!
Love ya,
Sista Bridge
PS: from Char's Mom
Charlene doesn't know this yet, she will find out probably Thursday, so I can tell you. Keep a secret for a few days.
One of Charlene's "mission moms" called me Friday Aug. 21 and said that she was in town to drop one of her sons off at BYU mission home (going to So. Cal.). She wanted to give me a message from Char and asked if I had a message for her. Of course I did! And no, it wasn't a lecture. Then she asked if it would be okay to take back Charlene's clarinet to her. Charlene had asked me a month ago if I would send it, but I wasn't sure if it was okay'd from the Mission President so I had told Char to get permission first. Those of you who know me, I ALWAYS follow the rules (not). But I didn't want Char to get in trouble. Sister Woolsey said that it would be perfectly fine.
So Larry and I drove to Alpine (Sister Woolsey's in-laws live there) and gave it to her to take back, along with her music. She gave me some pictures of Charlene and gave me some home made guava jam (delicious and I am hiding it from Larry -- ALL MINE!). We haven't told Charlene about the Clarinet and she will be excited -- she can play some U of U fight songs. Too bad we couldn't get a Tuba to her (VERY JUST KIDDING).
LOVE YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPORT of my baby!
Mom Connie
No comments:
Post a Comment