Hola
This week has been AMAZING! I love my new companion. She is such a hard worker! We have had so much success so far in our area, and it's only been one week.
We had our president’s interviews on Tuesday. That's always tough because I hate interviews! It's no big deal though, it's like 10 minutes of “Sister Bridge, are you homesick yet? Do you have any questions? Anything on your mind?" and that’s about it. He did say however that many sisters have commented on my positive attitude, and he encouraged me to continue with that, and be an example. So that was good.
I've learned a ton from Sister Fan and this transfer is going to be amazing! We're still working with Selena to set a baptismal date. She wants to get baptized with her son, and wait for her husband to be able to baptize them. So it was supposed to be last month, now it's looking like November. But she's super fun to work with, and I love teaching her family.
I got my clarinet. (Mom and dad took it to the Woolsey family’s home in Alpine. They are in my ward in Hawaii. They were in Alpine to take their son to the MTC in Provo. They brought it to Hawaii without my knowing.) It was funny, we walked in for WCM at the Woolsey’s house, and they had the clarinet sitting on the shelf. I walked right by it and didn’t see it. We went through the entire meeting, and they didn’t show me until I was about to leave! So funny. Especially since the bishop was there, and Sister Fan just has to say “wow, now we can play in sacrament meeting!” Ugh… but yeah I’m super excited to play it today. Sister Fan plays the flute and piano… so we’re looking at some cool pieces for baptisms and stuff.
We've got a few new investigators, a wonderful family who's been less active for a few years, and their daughter in law who isn't a member. She's never met with missionaries before, and wants us to keep coming back to teach her and her kids who weren't baptized. I love driving to their home. It's in my favorite part of our area.
We met this young man from Seattle who just got back from Iraq (army). He's Budhist, and staying with his family here for a while. We were teaching his niece, and one day we came by to say hi to her and he was there. We've taught him 3 times this week. It's been fun. It's hard to know exactly what to say. We really have to rely on the spirit! It's been a great learning experience!
I think my new goal one day is to ride a motorcycle around Oahu. I see people do it every day, and it looks fun. So one day I shall do that. It’s kind of funny, but since the temple is right off of Kam highway, people see it as they ride past. They want to know what it is, so they come in! A lot of them leave with confirmed teaching appointments back at home. So the missionaries come teach them after their vacation! So cool!
Funny story… well not so funny… When people come onto the grounds we offer them a plumeria flower for their hair. Well, we pick them ourselves off the tree and make sure they’re clean to give to people. This one lady came in with her family and I gave her one. 2 minutes later she came running outside because a bug had crawled off the flower and into her ear. Um… scary! So now we double check before we give them the flower! That has never happened as long as anyone can remember! And it had to happen to me!
So that's kind of it! Hope everything is going well!
Love ya'll!
Sister Bridge
No comments:
Post a Comment