Friday, September 11, 2009

Crazy week

Aloha!

This week has been crazy busy... but I guess that's how I like it.

We did a lot of tracting again this week, but decided to focus on an area we haven't been to in a while. This part of the island is super expensive to live on, and the only people that can afford it are military. Most of the homes are either summer homes (where half the time no one's there), or gated off. We decided to try it one night and see what happened. There are only about 8 houses on that part of the highway, and it’s all beach side.

The first few houses were empty, but we came to one with all these motorcycles outside. The guy who answered the door was in the navy, stationed at Pearl Harbor, and asked us to come back and teach him. That was pretty nice :D

Two houses down (and it takes like 5 minutes to walk to each house) we walk up the steps and say “aloha” outside the door, and we hear “Oh, it’s the Mormon Missionaries! Girls come right in and sit down!!” Soo funny… and the mom and daughter are coming to church on Sunday, and the dad got deployed yesterday. It was an amazing night.


Other than that, still teaching a lot, and still working at the Visitors Center. Funny story about that… I was working at the front entrance and this German couple came in. My first thought was to get the German speaking sister, but I couldn’t find her anywhere. So I knew I had to take them on a tour. I was super scared because there was that language barrier, and whenever I’d say something, he’d translate for her, and they would laugh, and it really felt like they were laughing at me… Anyways, it turned out to be really great. I played the Christus narration in German, and they asked to have missionaries come visit them in Germany. So it was good. And I didn’t need to speak German :D

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY JASON!!! You have a letter coming, I promise :D

So that’s kinda it…. We’re heading to Kaniohe to get some clothes and such. Actually another set of sisters needs clothes, but I’m the only sister with this p-day that can drive….. super exciting!

Aloha!
Sister Bridge

No comments: