Sunday, October 4, 2009

Earth quake

Alooooha!
To answer a lot of questions… no I did not feel the earthquake or experience the tsunami. We are way too far north. We did have a tsunami warning around 0930, but the wave died around noon. I am, however, really sad about what happened in Samoa! Keep them in your prayers! Samoan people are amazing :D

Transfer news is this Sunday, and I’m pretty excited. I’m going to miss Sister Fan though! She’s such a great missionary. It works really well, because she’s really bold in areas where I may not be. And once she asks the bold questions she turns to me to expound it, or say it in a way she can’t because of the language barrier. It’s kinda nice. I’m not sure when my p-day will be, I’m hoping I get Monday p-days again. We’ll see.

We’re still teaching Macey, and she came to church again on Sunday! That was kinda hectic for us, since we had to help watch her and her 3 year old sister because no one else really would. I have so much more respect for mothers! The whole first twenty minutes I was thinking “wow, I never want to have kids.” It was testimony meeting, and the first person to get up went off on how wonderful motherhood was. Haha I laughed. Actually it was a great experience, and we had enough mothers there to help us :D

In the Visitors Center we get to meet people from all over the world, but this week it was “I’m from Draper” week! Oh my goodness so many people from Draper! And of course the sisters all bring them to me. It’s great. They told me it was snowing in Utah? I’m so jealous! Ok not really. But I am glad I’m only missing one winter.

We’re still working on the 30 day ward fast, and it’s been absolutely great! We’ve gotten to meet with most of the families in the ward and help them do missionary work. We’ve seen so many miracles already! I hope I stay in the area another transfer so I can see even more, but we’ll see.

Madi, thanks for the post card, it made me laugh. And I’ll write you today about yesterday.
Love ya!
Sister Bridge

No comments: