
Konichiwa! Sorry I didn't have transfer news for you last week, it was kinda dramatic! But I'm still with Sister Saito and still in the same place! Hence the Japanese....
This week was amazing. We had a special meeting with Elder Perry for all the missionaries on O'ahu. President Peterson asked me to be in a special choir for the meeting. There were 4 sisters and 4 elders. Super scary. Originally the Prophet was supposed to be there too, and I was super terrified. But he had to stay home with his wife in the hospital, so it was Elder Perry and 2 of the seventy. Pres. Monson did, however, record a message for us that was perfect! Elder Perry talked about his war experiences, and doing missionary work while he was a marine. And for those of you who know Elder Trever Dixon, he was playing the organ when Elder Perry walked in, and the apostle put his hand on Elder Dixons back and started talking to him while he was playing. Of course he didn't stop playing, and Elder Perry commended him and praised him for his playing ability. Soo cool! So write to him! Same address as me... different name!
The meeting was in Makakilo on the other side of O'ahu, so we were able to drive around the island. We took the Honolulu side going to the meeting, and the north shore side going back home. Sorry that's confusing... we took a loop around the island :D
Then we had Regional Conference yesterday for Hawaii! It was super, super inspiring, and the prophet spoke over video feed from Salt Lake. Elder perry spoke a lot about missionary work (of course). At the end they had a huge aloha for for him, and that is definitely one of the traditions I'm going to miss soo much!
Sister Saito was called to be a Sister Trainer (kind of like district leader for the visitors center) so we're super busy all the time. I guess that's a good thing since I hate feeling like I'm not doing anything... We have started decorating the Christmas trees we put up last week. Each stake on O'ahu gets a Christmas tree, so there are 19 of them around the visitors center. It looks soo amazing! Of course we can't turn the lights on till after Thanksgiving, but I'm super super excited for that!
I hope ya'll are enjoying the snow... I kinda miss it sometimes... I hear it's snowing on the big island... that's the closest snow I have!
Love ya! The Church is true!
Sister Bridge
No comments:
Post a Comment