
It's weird to think that I'm in Hawaii on the anniversary of the bombing of Pearl Harbor. You know I love history, so I’ve been trying to find out all I can. There are all these stories about planes trying to bomb the temple, but none of them hitting it, and apparently there's a crashed plane down one of the valleys by us. I'll have to find out. My mom said that Kaneohe is a big part of the Pearl Harbor bombing so I am going to read up on that.
But I guess all of this really makes me realize how lucky we are to live where we do. We have people come in the Visitor Center all the time who aren't allowed to take a Book of Mormon because it is illegal in their country. How sad! I am so grateful for the freedoms that we have.
Mele Kelikimaka! Yay for Christmas. It’s so weird seeing all these Christmas lights and decorations and no snow. It’s kind of freaky. I actually miss the snow.... And the lights are on the palm trees! Cool!
This week was kind of slow. We had a ton of meetings. So I wish I had more to write about.
We drove to Kaneohe today to get our car fixed. Lucky for us there's a ROSS right next door. So we did some shopping. I can't believe how my taste in clothes has completely changed. I started looking for shirts, and almost laughed out loud when I saw this shirt and my first thought was "wow that's ugly, but I think I’ll wear it." I'll surely be leaving about 80% of my clothes in Hawaii.
One of my favorite lessons this week was with this really less active 20 year old that we've been teaching. While my companion was in a meeting, him and I sat in the VC and read through Alma 37. I loved this because we hit the basics of the gospel really hard, and to see him understand it more was amazing!
Have a wonderful week! Love ya'll!
Sister Bridge
No comments:
Post a Comment