Monday, December 14, 2009

Mele Kelikimaka!

Howdy! La’ie looks so amazing when it's all lit up with Christmas lights! It's still kind of weird not seeing snow, but I'm pretty sure I'm over it by now. There are so many miracles that happen around Christmas. I guess it's just the fact that we're celebrating the Saviors Birth, and everybody is in “the mood,” but it's still amazing! We are teaching more and more lessons and meeting so many people. Even investigators that have been taught for years are finally coming around, and making progress. Let’s just pray that it stays like that!

This week I got a call from the Zone leaders telling me that my tires were low, and I had the awesome experience of teaching my Japanese companion how to fill tires with air! We went to the gas station and did it all by ourselves. I'm sure it was entertaining to all the people who were passing. I wanted her to be able to experience it, since it's kind of routine for me... And we had so many members get out of their cars and offer to help us. I just laughed so hard. But we did it :D

We had Zone Conference last week, and it was probably my favorite one so far on the mission. We had a lot of musical numbers, and we got to watch the “Emma Smith” movie. Then President asked us to sing the “Hallelujah Chorus” from Handel's Messiah. That didn't go so well since we don't really know it... but it was funny to hear us try. Sixteen sisters and 4 elders all singing at the top of our lungs. I'm sure the guests in the
Visitor Center thought it was kind of strange (we were in one of the big theaters).

Not much is going on at the VC lately (accept all the wedding pictures. I thought I got away from that!). I had this wonderful tour with a man from
India the other day. He had dated a Catholic and wanted to know the difference between the LDS faith and Catholicism. It was an amazing experience to teach him about the restoration of the gospel. It’s always a challenge to teach someone who doesn’t have a Christian background, because you start to realize how many words and phrases we use that aren't familiar to the rest of the world. He was very smart, which made it easier, and when you lay out the Gospel very simply, it makes so much sense! Long story short, he's meeting with the missionaries next week in California.

So obviously I can't take credit for that. The spirit must have been there because I'm not good at teaching simply. But that's what's so great about the Visitors Center. The spirit is always there, we just have to make them realize what they are feeling! That's one of the many blessings that come from working at a Visitor Center, and so near a temple! It’s the best! I'll miss it so much when I'm out!

I hope ya'll have a good week, enjoy the snow and the Christmas stuff. Keep going to the temple, and all that fun stuff :D I can't wait till I can go to the temple again! We should be having the open house in July! I'm so excited!!!

Aloha!!
Sister Bridge

No comments: