Monday, December 28, 2009

Transfer to Tongan ward, new companion


I hope ya'll had a great Christmas! Mine was great! We spent a lot of time playing volleyball with the zone at the chapel. And we even got to sleep in until 8 in the morning! It's been a while since that has happened...

Then we opened up presents from home, had breakfast with the senior couples, then called home! It was soo great to call my family! 40 minutes really isn't long enough...

We went to the Zone Leaders baptism on Saturday. It was really good. When it was all over I was standing in the corner waiting for my companion to finish eating when this big Polynesian guy came up to me and started talking to me. He noticed the patch on my backpack (the Sugar Bowl patch) and said something like "That was a really good game." Of course I agreed and told him that I went to the game. He laughed, and said that he was there too. I mentioned that I was in the Band, and he said "yeah that's cool. I'm on the football team." Uh.... So I've watched you play football for 3 years... We both laughed pretty hard. He was super, super nice. We talked for a bit about football, and the gospel. It was kinda funny.

So... I know you are all eagerly awaiting my transfer news... Now don't laugh too hard.. But I'm getting transferred to a Tongan Ward :D yes... Blonde, pasty white little Sister Bridge is going to a Tongan ward. I'm psyched. I don't speak Tongan and I'll have to learn how to pray and sing in Tongan. I'll go pick up a hymn book today. Yes, they expect the new missionaries to pray in sacrament meeting in Tongan.

My new p-day will be on Friday. So that's when I'll e-mail home!

Last Monday we went to Haliewa and walked around there for a while. It's this funny little surfing town that looks like it's still in the 70's. I love it! The food was amazing. I went to the place Rachel Ray had on her show :D We had shave ice and watched the surfers.

Well that's kind of it for the week. We have 1 baptism on Wednesday, and another in 2 weeks. Of course I don't cover those wards any more, but it's still exciting.

Oh! I forgot!!! Do you remember me mentioning that I bought a Star Trek shirt from a cereal box in August? They said that it would come in 6-8 weeks, and 4 months later it finally came!!! I'm sooo excited! It's the coolest shirt in the world... I'll send pictures...

Until Friday...
Ofa atu!
Sister Bridge

No comments: