Friday, January 8, 2010

Amazing Tongan people

"You don't eat till you're full... you eat till you're tired!"

That pretty much describes my life right now. I have eaten so much in the past week I can't even begin to explain. Serving in a Tongan ward has been such a great experience, and it’s only been a week! I'm super excited for the rest of the transfer.

We had dinner at one of our members house a few days ago, and the grandfather was sitting there watching us eat (it happens a lot). He asked me if I had ever been taught Tongan table manners.... So I was kind of scared that I had done something wrong. He just commenced to tell me that I really needed to eat more. He took us outside to show us his stock pile of 'ufi (?) (yams) he had grown on his farm, and taught us about all this traditional food. The food is amazing, the people are amazing... I'm pretty excited for this transfer.

We're still working with the singles ward, and that's been going so well! The bishop commented that he hasn't seen this much work in a long time. We've been working with a lot of less active members and their friends. :D

It's been pretty rough trying to find new investigators, because we just cover the Tongans and the singles ward. I've realized just how important member missionary work is. We have such a wonderful gift, and we need to share it with those we love!

This week has been so interesting; I can't even begin to explain. I was convinced when this transfer started last week, the next 6 weeks might kill me. Isn't it funny how Satan works? I had no idea what good things were going to come out of this, and he got me all discouraged! So faka se sele! (crazy)! So don't ever get discouraged :D

Aloha!
Sister Bridge

No comments: