Sunday, January 17, 2010

Blessing of the Visitor Center



Hey ya'll! This week has been so random. We worked so hard, and for half the week we saw so many miracles! Then it all kinda stopped... but that's ok!

Most of our work was done in the Visitors Center this week. It seemed like we had all the super long shifts; like the 10-6 shift, or the tram shift from 2:00 to 8:00. So there's not much time to teach lessons out in our area! But I love the Visitors Center, so it's ok!

Last Friday we drove to Kaneohe to get our car fixed, and it's always strange to go to a "city" where there's more than one stop light. We went to Denny's, and I had the pancakes. It was so weird to sit in a restaurant and order food... it's been a long time! We looked around ROSS for a little bit, and tried to find clothes. My style is gone.. not that I ever had much to begin with... but it's gone :D

There have been so many times this week in the Visitors Center where people have asked me "Oh, so you're a student here?" I love being able to tell them that I'm actually a full time missionary... it's leads perfectly into "and we have missionaries like me all over the world that would LOVE to bring you a free copy of the Book of Mormon and tell you a little more about it."

We have started this new presentation for the Polynesian Cultural Center where we show this video about the history of the place, and how the temple was built, and how without the temple we wouldn't have the PAC, and all that stuff. It's worked out really well! I love doing the tours because how often can missionaries stand in front of 30 people who volunteered to come, and share the gospel with them! Some people come away with a smile, and a greater understanding of Mormons, and others decide that they want to learn more. It's such a wonderful blessing we have at Visitors Centers!!

So that's my week... I wish I had more stories for you! There was an interesting guy that decided that he was going to run up to the temple and try to get inside. The cops came and he just sat there for a while. Then this other guy refused to come into the Visitors Center, but he asked one of the senior elders to take a picture of the inside for him. But when he tried to hand him back the camera he refused to touch it... But to each their own :D

Ofa atu!
Sis Bridge

No comments: