Friday, January 22, 2010

SOO Cold (Well, 65 degrees)


I'll try to keep this kind of short since I'm running low on time, and I need to go hiking, but I just have to say that I wore a jacket all day for the first time on my mission! It was so cold! I think like 65 degrees. Pathetic... I know.

We had Zone Conference this week, and it was focused on going back to the "Basics of Preach My Gospel." We even watched all of "The District." I'm sure most of you don't know what that is... but it's a video of a district of missionaries in Texas and their use of the teachings in Preach My Gospel, the missionary manual. We watched it in the MTC, and honestly, it meant absolutely nothing to me back then. Now it makes a lot more sense. So it was good to see and evaluate how we've been doing.

This morning for Visitors Center training meeting we had a BYU historian come in and talk to us about the history of the Laie temple. It was so fascinating. I felt like I was back in my art history classes at the U. I took so many notes... and I’m sure none of them will help me with my tours, unless someone comes in who is interested in French impressionist painters. But I learned a lot about the history of Laie, and how significant it is in Church history. Every day I learn another reason why the Lord has sent me here. This place is amazing. I can't wait for the temple to be done. This renovation is taking so long!

One thing I've realized this week is how wonderful the atonement is. We’ve talked to some people who have done some pretty bad things in their life, and although the process of repentance can be a little rough, it's so worth it. Just seeing how their lives have changed after they accepted the gospel make me so grateful for the opportunity we have to repent, and progress all the time! It's amazing!

Well I’m off to go do missionary things. I hope you all have a wonderful week!
Love
Sister Bridge

No comments: