http://scriptures.lds.org/en/search?search=2+Ne+33%3A6&do=Search
That's the scripture reference. It's been my scripture of the week... especially the plainness part... I need that! I've had some interesting experiences this week and I keep having to resort back to that scripture to remind me!
So the picture is from exchanges this week. I was with Sister Lu from Taiwan. That was super cool. She's been out 5 weeks from the MTC, and I love teaching with new missionaries. She's learning English, so everything she teaches is so simple and straight to the point. I know I have a tendency to talk to much, and not give the spirit enough time to touch the people we're teaching. I was really grateful to be with her for a day and be reminded of the importance of teaching simply!
Sister Watanabe and I live with 2 other sisters, both from the States. One is actually Tongan, but she's from Cali. The other is from Utah. And I'm proud to say that if we kept our pad (apartment) a little bit cleaner... we would achieve Zion. The last 2 weeks with them have been amazing! It's like this immediate support system for obedience. Sister Latu and Stringer had a pretty hard week in their area, so we decided that we needed to cheer them up a bit Sunday night!! I can't actually show the pictures... maybe when I get home... But I'm so grateful to be with these amazing Sisters who do so much for each other. It'll be kind of strange when it's just me and my companion out full proselyting, but I'm sure that's fun too.
So funny story: There was this group that came into the VC the other day and as I got to know them I found out one wasn't a member, but the other two were. They had brought their friend to show her what it looked like in the temple. I was super excited, because I love when members bring their friends in! But alas... they talked more than I did about a lot of things that I wouldn't have mentioned... It was kind of frustrating, but I just let them talk... hoping that no matter what happened she would feel the spirit. Lucky for me she was really interested in meeting missionaries. It reminded me of the VC at Temple Square, and how much the sisters there have to go through! So next time you are up there, give them a break and especially a referral! (And tell them Sister Bridge says hi.)
Have a great week, I’m off to the PCC with my companion to show her the villages!
Much Ofa,
Sister Bridge
No comments:
Post a Comment