Thursday, February 18, 2010

Star Wars Yea!



I hope ya'll like the pictures... We had an awesome baptism on Saturday: one of our Marshallese investigators at BYU-H. It was a great way to start off this transfer. The next day Sister Watanabe got really sick, so for the first time on my mission I had to spend the day inside. That was kind of depressing and boring, but I got to study A LOT, clean and update the area book, clean the apartment (sort of), memorize scriptures, and take care of my companion. We probably should have stayed in the next day, but she's pretty tough, so we went out anyways.

Mahalo nui loa for all of your amazing birthday wishes and packages!!! I was amazed at how my parents desire to rid me of my Star Wars love was not shared by my friends! Thanks for the action figures. And the yoda poster has been put to good use. As well as the Jedi teddy bear... thanks madi :D It was one of the best birthdays ever! To bad I only have one mission birthday.

We have had some great experiences in the Visitor’s Center this week trying to use different visuals and tools. My companion does the Japanese tours, and we came up with some different ways she could teach about the plan of salvation :D We are so lucky to be able to work at the Visitor’s Center and utilize the amazing tools that have been provided to teach the gospel. We’ve taken it down to the basics, and we have seen so much success!!!

This couple came in the other day, and they were both pretty old. The wife was a member, and the husband was not. They had only been married for 2 years... and he was pretty adamant about not being there. So I had to try my best... And he was almost completely deaf... It was super awkward trying to teach him about the blessings of the temple while shouting so he could hear. His wife was whispering things to me while his back was turned (“tTeach him about prophets...” and stuff like that). I asked him if he had read the Book of Mormon. And as we walked to the Book of Mormon exhibit this big group of members from Utah came in. Long story short, the whole visitor center heard me testify because the guy I was teaching kept telling me he couldn't hear me. But as we turned to walk away when we were done, one of the members came up to him and bore his testimony of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. It was super cool. His wife was really happy. He even agreed to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. He called me "a good salesman" and I’m not sure exactly how to take that.

So Life is good, Hawaii is cold... almost 68 degrees this morning! But I love it!
Have a great week!
Much Aloha
Sister Bridge

No comments: