Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Climbing is a spiritual experience


Malo E Lelei! I'm soo glad to be back in a Tongan Ward just so I can try to speak Tongan. It's a work in progress....

This week has been great, but super super long! I'm finding a lot more responsibility with my new calling, and it's kinda intense.  We started out new training on Thursday, and I'm really excited to see how it works out!

Sister Magno and I have been hitting the Tongan ward pretty hard this week.  Solamone, one of our investigators, is going back to Tonga this week for a wedding, so we have been trying to teach him as much as possible.  Funny story: He found out he is related to our Ward Mission Leader, so they went out to lunch to try and find out how... Bishop was invited, and by the end of the night they had committed him to baptism. So we didn't even have to go.

We found a new investigator. She's not really Tongan, but she lives with a Tongan family. She's from Mexico, and has been living here for a long time. She is 17, and really open to learning the Gospel. 

Another funny story: There is a new sister here that seems to know everything about me because she read my blog for 2 months before she came on her mission. We have a mutual friend who gave her the website. So she just happens to know all about me and we've never met. It was kinda awkward: "Oh my gosh. You're Sister Bridge! I feel like we're best friends!!!" uh... ok... Then the worst part: "Sister Bridge, I loved your Rock Climbing Blog about how you feel Rock Climbing on Sunday is ok because it's soo spiritual..."  and that was with my zone leaders listening, and the presidents wife right there.... Good stuff.  She's actually awesome, and I'm super psyched to go on exchanges with her next week! That's another cool part about being sister trainer, I get to go on exchanged all the time!

I'm so excited for this transfer. Our amazing zone leaders are staying here. They have helped me soo much! Visitors' Center sisters don't have much time to work in their area. I think on a good week we only have about 13-16 hours of effective teaching time in our areas. But we are held to the same standards as other missionaries (as far as numbers). It's great to see how we can work around our proselyting time, Polynesian Cultural Center, and VC. It's kinda confusing sometimes. Thank goodness for planners :D

That's kinda it... Ofa Atu!
Sister Bridge

No comments: