Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Good Tongan Food!


This is the picture of Tongan food.  The egg thing is Loco moco... a plate of rice with an egg. Then a meat patty. Then there is lau lau, tarrot, long rice with chicken, regular chicken, fried rice, potato salad, ... all that good stuff. And hot chocolate :D I love Tongans.

I’m so glad we had conference this weekend. It was just the spiritual boost I needed. It was so great to be able to watch it with the other missionaries, and then with one of our wards. In between sessions on Sunday we had breakfast with the Tongan ward... that’s always fun. Of course we HAVE to fill our plates with everything... so I did :D It was most foods that we’d have for dinner on any given night, just for breakfast. So lau lau, tarrot, Samoan pancakes, fried rice, long rice, normal rice, loco moco (egg, rice, meat), a lot more kinds of meat, ‘ufi, did I mention rice? That was the first plate.

This week I started doing the exchanges with the other Sisters. I have 3 this week, and it’s been really interesting to go to their areas and learn from them. I went on exchanges with another Sister from Utah yesterday. We found a lot of random people to talk to in Kahuku. We don’t do much tracting because you can’t just tract out Tongans or singles. But we had a lot of referrals and found some awesome potential investigators! And this Sister is a chef, so we came back and she made dinner while we had our exchange review. I have another one tomorrow with another Sister from Utah.... Kinda weird since there’s not many Utahans here. I’ll be going back to my old wards and hopefully seeing my old investigators before they go back to the Marshall Islands!!

I had a run-in with a preacher on my first exchange. It was Friday night, and we were looking for his wife who is a member. My Tongan isn’t great, but I knew what he was calling me. So after listening for a bit I invited him to come watch conference with the ward the next morning. He said no... and a few more things. The Sister I was with is Samoan, but she understood pretty well. We laughed pretty hard when we got back to the car :D

Kinda slow this week, I’m sorry! But I’ll send a picture of the food... it was super good! I hope ya’ll had a great Easter, and enjoyed conference! I love hearing conference as a missionary. Everything just seems to make more sense, and much more applicable. Not only to me, but to the people we’re teaching. That’s my favorite part: taking what we hear from a living prophet and teaching it to others! Sooo good...

Have a great week!
Malo au Pito!
Sister Bridge

No comments: