
Talofa!
I just got back from Kaneohe. I had to go pick up my car that was towed away on Saturday. Stupid thing broke :D I'm so grateful to have a car back! (And it wasn't my fault...) We got to play around in Kaneohe for a while, and of course I love that city. So it wasn't so bad. It was weird going to a mall.... I’m not gonna lie.
This week we have the Director of the Visitors’ Centers from the Missionary Department here to train us. He's in charge of all the Visitors Centers, historic sites, and missionary related things like open houses. I knew he was going to be coming to the PCC to see how the Tram Tours were going, but I'd never met him before so I was a little afraid that he was going to get on my tram and I wouldn't recognize him. Well he did get on and acted like a regular tourist. It was just him and his wife, so I was able to get to know them really well. They played along, and I probably looked like an idiot. But the tour was great, because the whole day I was thinking that if it was them, I better do a pretty darn good job. So everyone else that came to the VC that day got a good tour too, I hope! So when we got back to the PCC he told me who he was, and I felt stupid. But he said the tour was amazing, and he even brought it up in our VC training this morning. So thank goodness I practiced.
I finally bought a Ukulele! It just took 11 months... It's amazing! No worries, I'll have it down by the time I come home.
We were really blessed this week in our wards. We had Stake Conference and a member of the Quorum of the Seventy came and spoke. Our Stake President asked us if he and the General Authority could visit any of our investigators, and we said of course. So they went to visit Mone. Hopefully this week he'll have a baptismal date!
Other than that: We had Zone conference, it was great. It was all about the Atonement. I absolutely loved it. We studied the Atonement for a month leading up to it, and it really helped me in every aspect of my missionary work. We have been teaching a lot better now because we're making sure we are always bringing up the Atonement and the Savior. The Spirit is almost always there when you talk about the Atonement, and when the Spirit is there it's easier to understand other gospel truths! So it's been a great week :D
I ate kim-chee for the first time and we have a new investigator in our single's ward. We’ve been teaching her sister who is in the Tongan ward. We asked her for a referral one night, and she said her sister in the next city over. I was on exchanges with another sister, so when my companion got back home and told me we got a referral, I was super excited. When she told me the name, I was even more excited because it's a girl I taught back in October! So we'll see how this goes.
I’m going to go practice my ukulele now,
Malo au pito!
Sister Bridge
No comments:
Post a Comment