Monday, June 14, 2010

Transfers!


Yes, transfers. And go figure I'm staying in the same spot, with the same companion! Good thing too, because she's been teaching me Kiribati dancing, and I'm still absolutely terrible at it. I honestly don't expect to get any better, but it's fun.

I think I can write this week down as one of the busiest/ most stressful weeks of my mission. We had a lot of fun, and we got so much done. We had 9 investigators come to sacrament meeting, and that was due in part to my crazy companion going into their house at 0730 and waking them up :D she, of course, had permission from them the night before.... So the family woke up and Bishop came and got them!
All transfer we've been trying to get this family to church, and this week we fasted and prayed so much more than ever before. We were able to see so many miracles that finally got them to church. Then we had 3 other investigators come, which was so amazing!

To end the longest week of my life my companion had a little run-in with some ant and roach killer. I spent most of the night on the phone with poison control and the mission medical people. After about 30 minutes of sitting under a blanket with pans of boiling water (because our shower doesn't get hot enough to produce steam...) she’s doing a lot better :D I personally think it was the blessing from the zone leaders though....

Awesome week, I just had to laugh as I looked back over the transfer. It seemed like it was so slow, but we've seen the miracles and the results of all our hard work! And hopefully next transfer will be just as good...

So that's the news... I get to spend 4th of July here, I’m excited about that :D and I finally have someone to teach on Pearl Harbor. I’m excited.
Much aloha,
Sister Bridge

No comments: