Aug. 9, 2010
It's been a super long week; I'll try to keep this as short as possible for all of you that have short attention spans like me :D
We started a 4 day leadership training this week; it was for all the zone leaders, district leaders, sister trainers, and other trainers on Oahu and Kaua'i. It was long... and I kind of felt like I was back in the MTC again. I left every morning at 0700 with the other sister trainer, and our companions went into their area. We drove down to the Honolulu Tabernacle where we sat for 7 hours and learned how to teach better :D I loved it. It was super humbling... I feel like a very green missionary when I try to apply the new stuff... Well it's not really new, just focusing on certain parts of teaching more. We have seen so many miracles since Tuesday when we started, including 6 new investigators this week. I know the Lord truly blessed our area because we sure didn't have time to do much.
Today we went on a nice little 4 mile hike. It was called the Aiea Loop Trail. No one in the zone had been on it, so we decided to try it. My ward mission leader said there were some parts of a plane that had crashed there back in the 40's or 50's, I can't remember what kind of plane. It came from Hickam though. We almost missed it, but one of the elders spotted some metal before we turned to curve. We got to do a little climbing down to it, but we ended up finding a large piece of the wing, the landing gear and tire, and part of the main body. That was pretty exciting. You can't see any of it from the trail accept the wing, so I'm glad we climbed through the trees.
That's kind of all the exciting things this week. I'm really really tired. We were going to rest today and get back the sleep we lost from the meetings being so early. But the hike was more better ;)
I'm going to go sleep now... or do our shopping....
Mahalo nui loa!
Sister Bridge
No comments:
Post a Comment