Aloha!
I guess I have to write something this week because I don't have many pictures... darn.
So who's my new companion? An awesome mini-missionary named Sister Apina from Big Island. I had no idea I'd get a mini missionary till Tuesday morning at transfer meeting. *A mini missionary is a local asked to serve as a full time missionary for a short period of time because the mission might be short on missionaries*. She's a lot of fun. She's never been to the MTC, or on a mission at all... but she's willing to try and do anything.
Saturday we were on Hickam going to visit a family, and from across the flight line I saw this huge ship. I didn't think much of it till I saw that it had a great big 76 on the side. I thought, I know that ship... that's the USS Ronald Reagan. "We’re taking a detour" and we drove to the other side of the base where it borders Pearl Harbor. There’s a park right next to the water, and from there we were able to watch this huge air craft carrier go right in front of us into the harbor. The crew was on deck at attention around the railings, and it was pretty much one of the coolest things I've ever seen. It made my week.
Sunday was the best by far, however. We had 6 of our investigators at sacrament meeting, and the best was right after the opening hymn, I hear "Shove over Sister Bridge. I bet you weren't expecting us." I looked over and one of my favorite families wanted to sit next to us in sacrament. It was so funny.
Last week for p-day we had a great big water balloon fight at the stake center. That was fun.....
Other than that... things are pretty much the same! We have some amazing investigators right now, 3 of which said "I’m going to get baptized" yesterday. Things are pretty good! We had so many opportunities to tract and testify this week because I'm trying to help Sister Apina get used to tracting. It's been so great to talk to so many people!
Have a great week! Much aloha,
Sister Bridge
No comments:
Post a Comment