Well the day has finally arrived, and I have started my mission papers. It seems like ages ago when the thought first occurred that spiraled into what I have sitting in front of me today. Lately it seems like I have so many more options, and although all of them are worthy of my time, I think I'm doing the right thing. Should I be more confident in my decision? sure, but nothing is set in stone yet. I realized today that outside of my grandparents who served a couples mission about twenty years ago, I am the only person in my family who has wanted to serve a mission. That includes cousins, uncles, aunts, 2nd cousins, on both sides of my family. I don't know how to do this! There is a spot reserved on the mission papers where you can comment to the first presidency, or whoever ends up reading my papers, and tell them facts about you that could be pertinent in deciding where you get sent. Honestly, I have no idea. Extracurricular activities? Honors and awards? The only things I've ever been good at are music, sports, and Military stuff (oh, and there's a spot for military experience, do I put down ROTC since that's technically leadership and military experience?) I've never felt more strongly about doing the Lords work, but all of a sudden I feel inadequate, like there's something wrong with me, and that someone else who is better should be taking my spot. I guess this might be Satans way of trying to convince me that I shouldn't go on a mission. Satan is trying pretty hard, which I guess could mean that me going out on a mission could alter his plan a little, and he's not to happy about that. So that should make me feel good, right?
I think ultimately I want to be able to stand by my ancesters and say that I followed in their footsteps. I took the knowledge and power that they risked their lives for, and spread it to those who needed it.
“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of
the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have
commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen”
(Matthew 28:19–20).
No comments:
Post a Comment