I'm starting to really feel like a foreign missionary. There have been so many lessons in languages I can't even begin to understand. it's great :D mostly Korean, and all I know is Hello. I'm picking up a little more tongan, and I like that the most.
So everything is super super expensive here. Honestly, it almost made me cry to spend six dollars on a box of cereal, five dollars on a half gallon of milk, and things like that. But that's ok... i'm learning how to eat cheap.
It's p-day again, and sis Lee and I are going to go into kaniohe to do some shopping. I need proselyting clothes and shoes... it's too hot here to wear the clothes I brought. Go figure.
This week was great. I worked a lot at the Polynesian Cultural Center, and got a little tan!!! I know, i'm excited. Honestly, I stopped caring. I already stand out with the blonde hair, the pasty skin just adds to my uniqueness. I am getting a lot more freckles, however. I do like that :D
I got a coconut from the elders. It's a very very hard coconut, and they told me I had to open it. I think that will be the project later on today. The hammer didn't work, and we can't find a rock big enough. And then once we get through the outer shell, I think i can get the actual coconut open... this will be fun.
We see a lot of very interesting people at the visitor center. Two ladies came in yesterday and I started talking to them about family history work. they were very interested and I asked if they wanted missionaries to come and teach them more. They were all excited, then one asked "wait... your young men are hott in their suits! of course I want them to come to my house!" So... after teaching them for about an hour they were even more excited about having the missionaries over. I figured i'd better specify to the missionaries in their towns that it would probably be better to have 'sister' missionaries stop by. But it made me laugh when she said that.
The ward we cover (laie 8) had their summer camp this week. We stopped by last night after their musical fireside to meet as many people as we could. It was at a park right next to the beach (right off Kamehameha hwy, if you know where that's at... ). it was soo much fun. the Harp family bought us ward camp t-shirts (which are sooo much cooler than anything we ever designed in the ward... i'm just saying) and we ate bbq and had smores. I still smell like smoke i think. But we met a lot of the ward members, and they all tried to feed us. Can't complain, the food was good. I love the people here, they are really amazing.
In the visitor center I have a lot of time to read and study. I decided to start reading 'Jesus the Christ' again, and there have been times where I honestly don't want to put it down! it makes soo much more sense to me now. I love it. so you should all read it, it's just that good.
Sundays are sooo hectic here. we cover so many different wards, and we try to make it to all the ward meetings, then we have to come back to the visitor center for our shifts, then teach, then dinner appointments. yeah, trying to fit personal and companion study in there can be a challenge!! I love it though, you all know how much I hate sitting around.
Hmmm... I think that's all I can remember to talk about right now. I love you all, the church is true, God loves you. I hope you got my pictures I sent home. They should amuse you for a while :D
Until next week, mahalo nui loa! Aloha!!!!
Sis Bridge
No comments:
Post a Comment