Hey ya'll!
This week was intense, but amazing!! Sunday was probably the most stressful day of my life, and it took all I had to not actually LOOK stressed out of my mind. Everything worked out very nicely however, and hopefully it's all a little more organized this week. Of course, I'm not speaking in sacrament this week, and now people are volunteering to pick up our investigators for church. Yes... this should be fun :D
We proposed a 30 day ward fast in Ward council last week, and it's been amazing! Each family signed up for a day to fast on our little calendar, and Sister Fan and I get to visit them a few days before their assigned day. We’ve been able to meet a lot more people in the ward, and talk to them personally. We help them set up a family mission plan, and talk to them about the power in prayer and fasting. I love it!
So funny story: my companion Sister Fan, has language study with one of the Sisters a few times each transfer. Her goals this week are to read ten minutes in the Book of Mormon out loud to me, and to annunciate each word. Asians don’t have the “th” sound, and they don’t use the letter “L” very much. I feel like Professor Higgins all the time. In fact I find myself breaking out in song occasionally… (I hope some of you got that…) It’s kinda fun. My knew favorite work is “thrusteth”. I realized how poor my English is, but Hawaii isn’t going to make it any better…
We’ve been working at the Polynesian Cultural Center a lot the last few weeks. They are starting their new Halloween attraction “the haunted lagoon” which is way popular. It will throw off our schedule a little bit, but I’m excited to see it. I was on the tram last night and had my first experience with a guest calling me some interesting profane words. Sometimes I’m glad my companion doesn’t speak English very well :D
I think that’s about it… There’s honestly way too many things going on this week! It’s insane! But I love it.
So… till next time,
Aloha!
Sister Bridge
No comments:
Post a Comment