Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th of July!!





Happy 4th of July!! Well... fifth of July... We got together with a few sisters in Pearl Ridge and watched fireworks over Pearl Harbor :D it was super fun, we even got to stay out late... woohoo! I know I probably say this a lot, but I'm so grateful that I get to serve in the US! Not that out of the country is bad... It's just pretty darn good here :D

Actually most of the week I was super sick, and had to stay in the apartment. Sooo boring!!!! There were some funny moments however, that made it almost worth it. I’ll try to send home a picture of one of them... I had bought a bag of popcorn to make me feel better when I had to go to the store to buy medicine for us. I had fallen asleep on the couch (with a little help from the Nyquil) and when I woke up my companion had fallen asleep on this random mattress we have on the other side of the living room. She moved around a little bit and grabbed the popcorn bag like it was a teddy bear. So no popcorn for Sister Bridge.... I'm soo glad she's my companion. She took such good care of me while I was sick! Even though we've been together 2 transfers, I kinda hope we'll stay together again... who knows!

I also learned that Nyquil and Nair don't go well together... I've always wanted to shave my arms, now I don't have to.

We had our island wide Zone Conference last Tuesday. So sad to see our Mission President go! It was good to see all the missionaries here; we got a picture with our whole "Laie crew," the missionaries that had served in Laie the last few transfers. I miss them all sooo much! No zone beats Laie. I’ll send that picture too....

We went to Poly Lookout today for our all sisters’ activity. It’s a place high in the mountains that separate Honolulu and Kaneohe. There's some cool story about it that I learned months ago... just google it. Something about Hawaiian warriors. It was good,I just don't remember. We met there and took pictures for a while (most of the time was spent trying to keep our skirts down, the wind was so bad! Definitely jeans next time...) Then we all went to lunch at Kaneohe mall. I'll send some pictures... it was so gorgeous. The lookout shows you all of Kaneohe, Kailua, and some of the Marine Corps base.

So even with us being sick all week we were able to see some miracles. One family that we have been praying will come to church randomly showed up all together for the first time! Such an amazing family, and we have so many other great families that we get to teach!

I think that's everything for the week...
Much aloha,
Sister Bridge

No comments: