Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Transfers

Aloha! I'll just start with transfer news since there's not too many exciting things to report on. I'm staying, and Sister Teururu is leaving.  I kinda thought it would be the opposite, but there ya go. I waited till about 10:25 p.m. until the phone call came. I was about to go to sleep and assume we were staying together again. Then the call came, and yay I’m staying here another transfer. I'm gonna miss Sister T a lot, even if we do have to take the long route because there might be frogs on the grass that we have to avoid like they were land mines.
 
A few weeks ago we were asked if we would sing in sacrament meeting. I said sure, thinking it couldn't be as bad as last time (see previous blogs).  We practiced this song for weeks, and we picked it because Sister T already knew it, and it was in Tongan... so why not? Saturday night it just wasn't coming together. I had pretty much stopped caring by that time, so no big deal. Sunday morning we practiced it before sacrament, and she would stop and giggle if she messed up... I was kinda nervous now.  After a very spiritual testimony of one of our recent converts we got to go up.  We started by explaining the meaning of the song, and quoting a scripture that went along with it (since no one would understand the words).  I gave her a starting note, and off we went. accapela. It was pretty much the best performance ever. My companion is awesome. She only giggled once during the entire song. I forgot to tell them what language it was, and everyone assumed it was Kirabatese.
 
That’s kinda all that happened... at least what I remember! I'll try to take more pictures as well!
Much aloha,
Sister Bridge

No comments: